Why A McDonald’s Milkshake Sent A Small Child To The Hospital Will Make You…

More News For You

A Mother demands an answer after her 5-year-old son finds an unwanted surprise in McDonald’s milkshake.

In 2013, an awful incident occurred after a Canadian couple approached McDonald’s employees in Quebec about their rudeness in a drive-thru.

Jon Hansen together with his wife Jennifer Cameron, and their four kids proceeded to a McDonald’s drive-through in Buckingham, Quebec, in order to place their order.

They ordered 1 large milkshake, 2 small milkshakes, 2 ice creams, and an order of fries.

Cameron, who is fluent in French, overheard the staff making fun of her spouse Hansen who ordered the food in English, which apparently the French-speaking staff took issue with and make fun of it.

 “Jennifer, who although being English can speak French, heard them make fun of my ordering in English and speaking in French said to them, we can hear what you are saying. The McDonald’s staff went silent,” Hansen said.

But as soon as they received their order after waiting for approximately 5 to 8 minutes, Hansen observed something was wrong, the fries appeared to have been “stomped on”, and the ice cream was melted, so Hansen asked them for replacements.

However, following their calling for replacement, something horrifying happened. Their son 5-year-old son Pierce, drank his milkshake from McDonald’s while whining that his mouth was burning. The couple then each took a drink of the boys’ milkshake, which tasted like pine Sol and burnt their mouths as well.

“Before we had left the restaurant’s parking lot, our 5-year-old son after drinking his shake said that it tasted funny. While the other two shakes tasted fine, when I took a sip of his shake it tasted what I described as being Pine-Sol. Almost immediately, my tongue started to burn,” Hansen said.

When Hansen swiftly entered the establishment to notify the management that his son’s milkshake was burning his tongue, the manager refused to sample it and claimed she didn’t know what it was. Cameron eventually went inside the shop and ordered a fresh milkshake, which tasted great and proved that there wasn’t a problem with the milkshake maker. Cameron approached the manager about a bottle of blue liquid that he had just noticed next to the milkshake machine. But the manager didn’t answer right away.

Soon after, Hansen and Cameron rushed their son to a hospital.

The parents called poison control while at the hospital as their small boy began to feel unwell. The boy is suffering from the unidentified substance’s effects.

The firm ultimately concluded that a “little quantity of store-related substance” was in the milkshake after battling with McDonald’s corporate offices to look into the incident, but McDonald’s has so far refused to explain what it was, and the family feels the corporation has been obstructive. The parents are now requesting information from McDonald’s on the ingredient in the milkshake online since they think it was poisoned on purpose.

Hansen explained on the Change.org petition:

McDonald’s has finally admitted that there was a ‘small amount of store-related compound in the milkshake.’ He (being McDonald’s lawyer) indicated that he did not know what had been put in the shake as he says that he has not seen the report. He used the word ‘trace,’ ‘minimal’ to describe the amount which had been added. He maintained the position that McDonald’s would not release or allow us to read an internal document (the report). He indicated that now that an admission had been made that we should now be ready to negotiate especially as the amount was small.

Once again, McDonald’s just doesn’t seem to get it. We want to know what our young child ingested. Please help us to get the test results. There is no reason why a responsible corporation that professes to care about families should have withheld this information from us for close to one year.

So far, Hansen’s petition has garnered around 22,000 signatures.

Read it here: Change.org

Sources: Taphaps, Ussanews, Ottawasun

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *