BREAKING! Veteran With VA Issues Barricaded In Bank with Alleged Bomb

News For You

BREAKING: The man who claimed he had a bomb at a Cobb County bank has been found dead. Police are searching for explosives.

Update: Around 1 p.m., a robot breached the front door of the bank and made visual with the suspect. Later at a news conference, authorities said “a member of the tactical team may have been responsible for the deceased.” The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is now investigating this as an officer-involved shooting.

COBB COUNTY, Ga. – A man claimed to have a bomb inside the Wells Fargo bank at 2675 Windy Hill Road, according to the Cobb County Police Department. Authorities say that all employees have gotten out of the bank after a successful operation on the back side.

“He’s been very calm with us,” one official told FOX 5 on the scene. “Very straightforward. We will continue those negotiations with him and those conversations with him.”

An Atlanta television newsroom claims that the man called their newsroom and spent more than 30 minutes talking and detailing demands. The man told the television station that is an Iraqi war veteran who is having financial trouble, and would soon be homeless.

“What we are trying to do is just let everybody know this is an active situation,” said an officer on the scene. “No public is at risk, and we have been talking with him inside the bank.”

Police believe that only employees remain inside of the bank, and that they are not considered hostages.

“We’re not saying this is a hostage situation,” said an official on the scene. “We are saying that employees are inside that bank.”

No one has been injured inside or outside the bank, according to officials. Authorities said that there are a “couple or a few” employees inside the bank.

“We are clear that employees inside are not going to be harmed, according to what he has told us, and not anticipating that to happen at this moment,” the official told FOX 5.

SWAT, Bomb, and K9 have responded to the scene. Officials received a call about the incident around 9:30am on Friday.

“We have to be cautious that he may be monitoring social media and television right now because it is an active situation, said an official.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *